Check out our December Bamboo Box!
Oh no! You are at the peak of a mountain, but a yeti has caused an avalanche with his massive footsteps. The footpath to the bottom of the mountain has been blocked! Devise a new way to get safely down the mountain.
- Must be able to get you between the top of the mountain and the foot safely!
- Must be built to resist the snowy and icy conditions.
- You can build a vehicle, a new pathway, or whatever creative idea you can think of to travel up and down the mountain.
- Consider researching ways people travel up mountains in real life (gondolas, snow cats, ski lifts, etc.).
- Try to use all of the materials to make it more complex and cool!
- Be creative and try to think of an idea that no one else could imagine!
Good luck and start brainstorming!
Soon after you leave your cabin, you find yourself lost in a blizzard! You need to return to your cabin to get warm, but is it too dangerous to go on foot now. Create a vehicle that can safely cross the difficult terrain!
- Must fit your person in it.
- Must not sink into the snow or crack any loose ice!
- Make sure the top is covered to protect from the frigid blizzard winds.
- Treads and snow chains are better for crossing snow than standard car wheels.
- The lighter the vehicle, the better it can maneuver over the snow.
- In case of an oncoming avalanche, add a feature that will make it more safe and sturdy!
Go ahead and start creating! You’ve got this!
You and a friend are hiking up a gigantic mountain. As you are making your way up the mountain, your climbing partner spots an avalanche coming down toward you! Quick! Build a shelter to shield you from the falling snow.
- Must be large enough to protect both you and one other climber.
- Must prevent the two of you from being buried under the avalanche.
- The falling snow will be very powerful. Should you consider redirecting the snow rather than trying to stop it?
- Keep the layout of the mountain in mind. Are you on a steep cliff, a peak, or flat area?
- What features could you add to the shelter to make it more comfortable and easier for rescuers to find you?
Go ahead and start building!
It sure is cold! Your family is snowed in for the weekend, and it is freezing outside! Everyone is bored and waiting for a fun thing to do. You come up with the idea of creating your very own winter-themed board game that can keep everyone entertained and in a festive mood!
- Must relate it to winter or the holidays.
- Must be an original (your own ideas) game.
- Must be elaborate (add details)!
- If you don’t have enough game pieces, create your own unique figurines!
- Feel free to use the cards to create special spaces on your board.
- Add color and be unique with your design!
- Write a rule book so your board game can be easily explained to family and friends.
- Use your figurines from your shelter as your first two game pieces.
Take your time and do your best work!
The Winter Wonderland Theme Park has come to your town! This park has tons of roller coasters, attractions, concession stands, games, and more! The best part is that you get to design it! Sketch a map of your theme park.
- Sketch a detailed map of your amazing theme park.
- Make it unique to your ideas about the winter season or the holidays.
- Brainstorm a list of ideas before starting the map. Always try to think of many ideas and then choose your favorites!
- Try to include lots of details about the winter season to make your theme park extra fun and creative!
- It can be as large, crazy, and detailed as you like. Make it unique and fun!
It’s time to design!